A thorough revision of the original FDCRS, designed to assess family child care programs conducted in a provider's home for children from infancy through school-age.
Scale consists of 37 items organized into 7 subscales:
- Space and Furnishings
- Personal Care Routines
- Listening and Talking
- Program Structure
- Parents and Provider
New for the Revised Edition:
- Accommodates the wider age range often found in family child care programs.
- A deeper focus on sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity.
- The special needs of exceptional children have been added to the main scale items and indicators.
- An additional subscale called "Program Structure."
- An expanded score sheet that includes space and forms to collect specific information needed for accurate scoring.
- A new layout, with each item on a separate page along with the Notes for Clarification and Questions.